Children and Youth
At Knox, we know that children and youth are an important part of church life. We offer a comprehensive Sunday Kool and nursery program, with qualified staff, and creative activities. We seek to make the faith relevant to the world in which young people live.
Our programs reach out beyond Sunday morning! In this world, which often values appearances and performance, we seek to nurture the values of community, trust, and hope in the next generation. Our programs address the needs of children and their families and encourage them to be a part of the body of Christ.
Check out these practical ways that our church is programming for children, youth and parents:
- Busy Moms Nights – A night for busy moms of school aged kids to get together and unwind. Great food, great conversation and lots of fun!
- Knox Rocks – For kids in grades 4-8. This is a night of games, crafts, faith talks and yummy food! All welcome. The program is offered once a month. Call the church for specific dates.
- Youth Service Trips and Conferences – every year, our church focuses on different events and activities that will inspire highschool aged youth. In the past, this has included service trips to Newfoundland, Kamloops, BC and Guatamala, Canada youth – a Canada wide Presbyterian event at Brock University, and weekends at Camp Kintail and Crieff Hills Retreat Centres.
- Family Events
The Breakfast Club runs on the first Saturday of each month at 9am. A hot, delicious breakfast to enjoy with your family for only $2/person or $5/family.
- Pumpkin Carving – A fun night of pumpkin carving. We supply the pumpkins and everything you need for only $5/family. Usually offered the Friday or Saturday before Hallowe’en.
- Breakfast with Santa – Join us for a Christmas themed breakfast that ends with a visit from Santa – who reminds us what Christmas is really all about. $5/family. The first Saturday in December, 9am.
- Easter Eggstravaganza – A fun morning of crafts, egg decorating, cupcake making and an egg hunt! Call the church for this date in the new year. It is generally offered a week or two before Easter. The cost is $2/person or $5/family.
- Vacation Bible School– join us July 15th-19th, 2024 from 9am-Noon. A week of songs, crafts, games, science experiments and fun! For kids ages 5-12.